The Premiere Team of Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorneys
Gary L Guymon PC, attorney for criminal defense, defends citizens from misdemeanors, felonies, DUI, and juvenile charges in Nevada.
We represent clients against many different criminal charges that include the following:
- Hit and run
- Grand theft
- Assault and battery
- Domestic violence
- Grand larceny
- Solicitation for prostitutes
- Casino markers
- Drug charges
From the beginning, we take a proactive and aggressive approach to each case. We have secured numerous “not guilty” verdicts in jury trials. Even in the most difficult cases, case dismissals are possible without trial.
We may be able to help you avoid jail. We also may be able to convince the judge to reduce or dismiss the charges altogether.
Gary L Guymon, a Las Vegas attorney for criminal defense, has a long record of winning dismissals or “Not Guilty” verdicts. Even in the most severe felony cases. He has gotten acquittals in jury trials for rape and felony child abuse, attempted killing, forgery, mayhem, assault, battery, solicitation to prostitution, and trespassing. He is a national and local legal expert.
Common Crimes We Defend
All misdemeanors and felony charges are taken into consideration. We handle the following cases:
- Battery domestic violence: Clark County residents could be wrongly accused. Many times, angry or jealous partners, boyfriends, or girlfriends are involved in the case. We can help you fight back and investigate the case for you. We can handle all types of Domestic Violence cases.
- DUI/DWI/Drunk Driving: You may be able to avoid a DUI conviction or driver’s license suspension, even if you have a second DUI in Nevada, and even if your BAC is higher than the.08 limit. Our Nevada DUI defense lawyers in Las Vegas know Nevada DUI laws inside out. We can examine the case. We can find the faults in the police and crime laboratory. These defenses can be used to your advantage.
- In some Nevada counties, prostitution is legal through licensed brothels, though it is still a crime in Las Vegas. However, it is possible to reduce or dismiss the charges against someone who was arrested for soliciting prostitution as a first offense through a diversion program.
- Casino markers: Failure to pay a casino marker in a timely fashion can lead to felony criminal charges. We can often negotiate a deal that will help you repay the casino marker, and have the casino drop the criminal charges.
- Sealing Nevada criminal records. If you are convicted in Nevada, your criminal record can be a problem when applying for jobs, loans, or state licenses. We may e able to help you clear and seal your criminal record. This will give you a fresh start and better chances in life.
- Statutory rape. Nevada’s consent age is sixteen years. Except for a few exceptions, anyone who has consented to sex with minors under 16 years old faces charges for the Nevada crime of statutory sexual seduction. This is the legal term used for statutory rape. If we can show reasonable doubt that any sex took place, the charge should be dropped.
Nevada Jails: Bail and Release Assistance
Are you worried that your loved one is in a Nevada jail? Our attorney for criminal defense can help you locate a Las Vegas bail bond agent, find Nevada bail information, and determine the best strategy to release your loved one quickly.
Are there any legal requirements for people who may be arrested in Las Vegas?
Some defendants may want to represent themselves in court. Even for first-time arrests, it is a good idea to hire an attorney for criminal defense. If the defendant is represented by an attorney, prosecutors may be more open to negotiating a reduction in or dismissal of charges.
Nevada’s legal system can be intimidating and complex. An attorney for criminal defense gives defendants the best chance to reach a positive resolution.
What happens if I don’t have the funds to hire an attorney for criminal defense?
Nevada courts assign public defense to defendants who are unable to pay their own lawyers. These defendants should first consult a private criminal defense attorney to discuss discount rates and payment options. A private attorney for criminal defense has more resources and time than public defenders, so defendants have a greater chance of winning their case.
Is it possible for an attorney for criminal defense to appear in my place at court?
Nevada misdemeanor defendants are not required to appear in court if their attorney is present. The charges and the judge will determine whether or not the defendant has to appear in court if the defendant is charged with a felony. The defendant must appear in court if a case is to go to trial. The courts are more open to defendants not being required to appear in court in person during the COVID-19 crisis.
What are the common defenses against a criminal conviction?
Depending on which charge they are facing, defendants might be eligible for such defenses as:
- Absence of criminal intent
- Police misconduct
Eyewitness accounts, surveillance videos, and written communications are all examples of evidence used in criminal cases. The prosecutor can reduce or eliminate the charge if the attorney for criminal defense raises a reasonable doubt about the defendant’s guilt.
Our Las Vegas attorney for criminal defense handles all types of misdemeanor and felony charges throughout Nevada. We can also help you. Contact our office today for a free no-obligation case evaluation.